Description
BOSTON — Massachusetts is extending the latest round of coronavirus restrictions for at least two more weeks.
Gov. Charlie Baker said Thursday afternoon the restrictions put in place Dec. 26 will continue through at least Jan. 22. They had been set to expire Friday.
The restrictions include 25 percent capacity limits for most indoor businesses. Gathering limits of 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors will remain in effect.
"We know that extending those restrictions for many businesses, especially small business, is a lot to ask," he said.
Baker cited the continued strain on the state's health care system amid rising COVID-19 numbers.
Lt. Gov. Karyn Polito said the administration's goal is to keep the restrictions temporary.
The following businesses are included in the 25 percent capacity limit:
RestaurantsClose-contact personal servicesTheatres and performance venuesCasinosOffice spacesPlaces of worshipRetail businessesDriving and flight schoolsGolf facilitiesLibrariesLodging (for common areas)Arcades and indoor recreation businessesFitness centers and health clubsMuseums, cultural facilities and guided tours
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.