Elgin Man Gets Time-Served Sentence For Attacking Homeless Senior

News

Elgin IL

05 January, 2021

7:03 PM

Description

ELGIN, IL — An Elgin man received a time-served sentence Tuesday after admitting to attacking and severely injuring a homeless man last summer. Isaac Diaz, who was 19 at the time of the attack, pleaded guilty Tuesday to aggravated battery causing great bodily to a person 60 or older, according to Kane County court records. Kane County Starts 2021 With Deadliest Day Of Coronavirus Pandemic Diaz was due to be released Tuesday after receiving credit for serving his 170-day sentence in Kane County jail since his arrest in July, records show. He must also serve two years on probation and pay more than $1,300 in fines and court fees. Prosecutors dropped several felony charges against Diaz, including robbery and aggravated battery charges, records show. Ecker Center Earns $38K Grant From Geneva Mental Health Board Diaz was arrested in July after police said he pushed a 60-year-old homeless man to the ground and punched him in the face after drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana with the man in downtown Elgin, as previously reported. Diaz also took money that fell out of the man's pocket, police said. The man suffered severe head injuries, including bleeding and a hemorrhage in his brain, the Daily Herald reports. REGIONAL NEWS: 5-Year Fight Over Cannabis Grow License Heads To IL Supreme CourtPick A Job: Kane County Board Tells Treasurer To Resign One Title1 Killed, 1 Injured In New Year's Eve Shooting In Aurora: Police

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area