Description
SAN DIEGO, CA — Parts of Torrey Pines State Beach are still blocked after a bluff collapsed last week, it was reported Sunday.
People walking on the beach were asked to stay close to the water and far from the bluffs, state park officials told the San Diego Union-Tribune. It may be a week before tides wash away all of the debris left by the collapse, they said.
Collapses of bluffs can be caused by rainstorms and are common on beaches in La Jolla, Encinitas, Del Mar and Solana Beach.
In 2019, three people were killed when a bluff collapsed in Encinitas.
Video of Thursday's collapse can be viewed on Facebook.
—City News Service
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.