Woodbridge Man Shot In Driveway During Attempted Carjacking

News

Woodbridge NJ

18 June, 2022

12:20 PM

Description

WOODBRIDGE, NJ — A man coming home was shot in his driveway Thursday night by men attempting to steal his car, said Woodbridge Police. The man survived the shooting and is currently hospitalized at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick. The state Attorney General has previously said that carjackings have skyrocketed across the state, but this may be the first time in 2022 that a victim has been shot during an auto theft. This happened at approximately 8:45 p.m. Thursday on Kline Boulevard in Woodbridge: Police police said they received a 911 call of a carjacking. They say a husband and wife, who were returning home, were followed into their driveway by a red Toyota Rav-4 with two men inside. The man in the passenger seat got out of the Rav-4, brandished a handgun and demanded the keys to the victims' vehicle. The husband resisted and a physical struggle ensued. The suspect fired one shot at the husband, striking him the arm. The suspect then fled the scene in the Rav-4. The shooter was described as a thin African-American man wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt. Anyone with information is asked to contact Woodbridge Police Detective Dean Janowski at 732-634-7700.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area