Exeter School Board, Ryan Agree Not To Extend Superintendent Contract

News

Exeter NH

07 June, 2022

3:20 PM

Description

EXETER, NH — For the 2023-2024 school year, Exeter's school district will have a new superintendent. The SAU 16 Joint Board and David Ryan have agreed mutually not to extend his current contract after it ends on June 30, 2023. He has served since 2018 and will continue through the end of the 2022-2023 school year. "The Joint Board appreciates the leadership and dedication of Superintendent Ryan during several challenging years that included a global pandemic," SAU 16 Joint Board Chairman Patrick O'Day said. "The board wishes Dr. Ryan all the best in his future endeavors." The board, in a statement, said Ryan had been responsible for the "overall educational growth" of more than 5,000 students in seven districts that comprise SAU 16. SAU 16 includes 11 pre-kindergarten to adult education, schools serving the towns of Exeter, Brentwood, Kensington, East Kingston, Newfields, and Stratham. The board said he worked "to implement curriculum and innovative instructional practices" that furthered the district's competency-based learning. Ryan was also credited with building "strong community partnerships." "I am grateful for the time that I have been blessed to serve the students and families in this community," Ryan said. "Over the next year, I will work closely with the SAU Joint Board on a smooth transition to new leadership." A search will be convened for a new superintendent to determine a selection process during the summer. Got a news tip? Send it to [email protected]. View videos on Tony Schinella's YouTube.com channel or Rumble.com channel.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area