Description
BURLINGTON, MA — Thanks to a neighbor's quick thinking, police and fire crews were able to respond quickly Tuesday morning to an accident that left two construction workers seriously injured.
First responders to the area of 8 Carey Ave. in Burlington found two adult men who had been electrocuted, officials reported. Both were taken to nearby hospitals, where they were treated for serious burns.
The men were hired by a private contractor to pave a driveway and were injured as a result of a dump truck bucket making contact with live, 13,800-volt electrical wires — a charge Assistant Fire Chief Andrew Connerty said can be deadly.
By Tuesday afternoon, both men were conscious and able to talk to police, officials reported.
Police Chief Thomas P. Browne praised a nearby resident's "quick work" in calling 9-1-1 immediately after the incident.
"Minutes and seconds save lives," Browne said.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Eversource both responded to the scene to investigate, the Burlington Police Department tweeted.
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.