Patchogue Theatre Suspends All Performances For 30 Days

News

Patchogue NY

16 March, 2020

12:54 PM

Description

PATCHOGUE,NY — The Patchogue Theatre announced it will be suspending all performance for a month. In a statement, Executive Director Gary Hygom said the decision was made in the interest of the health and safety of our patrons, artists, employees, and community. The business were made as per the guidelines set by Governor Andrew Cuomo last week. As part of these guidelines, the business will be suspending all programming for 30 days, effective immediately. Cuomo announced Monday that as of 8 p.m., all bars, restaurants, gyms, movie theaters, casinos and race tracks would close until further notice in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. Restaurants were told to transition to takeout and delivery services only. Non-essential travel between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. was discouraged, he said. "We will continue to follow the guidance of the CDC and local health authorities and hope to resume activities in mid-April," the statement reads. "We will keep you informed with further updates." Patrons with tickets to an upcoming performance will be contacted individually with the rescheduled date. For those unable to make the new date will be issued a gift certificate that is transferable and has no expiration date. "The health and safety of our patrons is our utmost priority and we appreciate your patience, consideration, and cooperation as we make these difficult and disruptive decisions in an effort to promote public safety," the statement read.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area