Description
ENGLEWOOD, FL — A 35-year-old Englewood man faces charges after making a series of obscene video calls to "unsuspecting strangers," the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office said in a news release.
Adam Smith has been charged with three counts each of indecent exposure and obscene communication.
The investigation began in mid-February, when detectives received at least three reports from victims who received video calls from an unknown man who was completely nude and making lewd gestures on camera, the sheriff's office said.
An Englewood man, Adam Smith, was nude when he made video calls to at least three "unsuspecting strangers," the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office said. (SCSO) Smith was later identified by two phone numbers he used, and his identity was confirmed by tattoos captured in video screenshots.
He also admitted to calling random phone numbers and exposing himself on camera, SCSO said.
He was arrested Monday and taken to the Sarasota County Correctional Facility. Smith posted $4,860 bond on Tuesday, the sheriff's office said.
Smith was previously convicted on one count of indecent exposure in 2019.
Anyone who believes they may be a victim or has additional information is asked to contact the SCSO's Criminal Investigations Section at 941-861-4900.
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.