Description
CONNECTICUT — Gov. Ned Lamont and members of his senior staff are self-quarantining for 14 days after Lamont's Director of Communications Max Reiss tested positive for the coronavirus.
The case is the first known one in the governor's office since the pandemic began. Lamont and his senior staff have been testing twice weekly as a precaution and so far there are no other known cases in the administration.
"We are taking this case seriously and observing all protocols to keep the governor, his family, and all of our staff members and their families safe," Chief of Staff Paul Mounds said. "While this is the first case within our administration, tens of thousands of Connecticut residents have experienced COVID-19, and thousands of others have lost their lives."
Reiss announced his diagnosis publicly Friday night on Twitter after Lamont's office put out a statement.
I'm sharing with all of you the message I sent regarding my COVID positive test result to Connecticut journalists who have done an exceptional job covering this pandemic for the public. In the meantime, send any and all toddler activities ASAP. pic.twitter.com/FtQFsQv1wu— Max Reiss (@MaxReiss) November 14, 2020 Mounds said the positive case was a reminder that no testing regimen if full proof.
"As we continue to see positive cases, test positivity, and hospitalizations rise in Connecticut, this is a clear reminder that everyone must continue to take proper steps to mitigate the spread of the virus. We must continue to wear masks, socially distance, and avoid large gatherings," Mounds said.
Mounds and Chief Operating Officer Josh Geballe are also self-quarantining.
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.