Description
NATICK, MA — Natick Public Schools will be closed through March 20 because of the growing coronavirus outbreak in Massachusetts.
The closure is happening because of "additional cases of parental and community adult presumptive positive COVID-19 diagnoses in our town, and in the schools," the district said in a statement.
The district also said cases in Framingham and Wellesley may have ties to Natick.
The district will not provide online learning opportunities for students during the closure. Food will still be available at certain times over the next week. More details on those options can be found on the district website.
Earlier this week, the parent of two Natick High School students tested positive for COVID-19. The two students later tested presumptive positive for the virus.
A total of 49 people in Middlesex County are presumed to have COVID-19, according to state estimates. Some of those cases have popped up in Marlborough, Framingham, Sudbury, and Wayland.
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.