Here Is Point Pleasant Beach's Plan For Outdoor Dining

News

Point Pleasant NJ

14 June, 2020

11:37 AM

Description

POINT PLEASANT BEACH – Point Pleasant Beach is ready for the new challenge: Dining outdoors amid the coronavirus outbreak. It's going to require some creativity since not every restaurant or bar has the space to accommodate a lot of outdoor seating. But Mayor Paul Kanitra is confident that the town's plan will work. "We feel great about tomorrow and getting our business community back to where they need to be," he said. "We found ways to accommodate every single restaurant and work with all of their unique situations." New Jersey issued rules and guidance for outdoor dining amid the coronavirus outbreak now that Gov. Phil Murphy said that restaurants and bars can resume operations at 6 a.m. on June 15. Read more: Here's What To Do At NJ Bars, Restaurants Under Coronavirus Rules Here is what Point Pleasant Beach is doing: The town has authorized temporary outdoor seating in parking lots, driveways and sidewalks where previously it had not been allowed.The town has worked hard with the Ocean County Freeholders to get approval for a plan for Arnold and Bay avenues, giving Point Pleasant Beach the option to create additional space in those roadways so the whole sidewalk could be used if those restaurants want it. Not every restaurant will be fully set up tomorrow and some have chosen to just continue to do take out.Click here to get contact information and what restaurants are offering.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area