781 Coronavirus Cases In Monmouth County: State Officials

News

Freehold NJ

29 March, 2020

12:20 AM

Description

FREEHOLD, NJ — There are now 781 Monmouth County residents who have tested positive for the new coronavirus, state health officials said Saturday. While there were 32 more deaths from the virus announced on Saturday by state Health Commissioner Judith Persichilli, none of Saturday's deaths were in Monmouth County. There have been 11 residents who have died from the virus, including three members of the same family. Statewide, there have been 11,124 positive tests for COVID-19 as of Saturday afternoon, and 140 people have died from it, Persichilli said. Just shy of 35 percent of all the COVID-19 tests conducted so far have come back positive for the virus, she said. Read more: NJ Coronavirus Updates: Here's What You Need To Know New Jersey Coronavirus Updates: Don't miss local and statewide announcements about coronavirus precautions. Sign up for Patch alerts and daily newsletters. Testing facilities have increased statewide, and testing capacity at those site has increased as well. The free drive-through testing site at PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel is testing only symptomatic health care workers and first responders with valid credentials on Saturdays now. The general public can get tested there on Mondays and Wednesdays and will perform 500 tests per day, Monmouth County officials said. Monmouth County officials have not released town-by-town details on the testing to the public since March 24. At that time, there were cases of the virus reported in 45 out of the county's 53 towns; Allentown, Allenhurst, Avon, Deal, Highlands, Interlaken, Roosevelt and Spring Lake had no cases at that point, when Monmouth was reporting 307 cases. The number of cases have more than doubled since then. Have a news tip? Email [email protected] Follow Freehold Patch on Facebook.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area