Description
REDWOOD CITY, CA — A Peninsula man who authorities allege pulled a gun on a Caltrain conductor last month in Redwood City is facing felony charges in connection with the incident, the San Mateo County District Attorney's Office said.
The incident occurred Nov. 25 at around 2:30 p.m., the DA's Office said.
A conductor asking Patrick Merrill Harris Jr. for his ticket after he noticed the East Palo Alto man wasn't wearing a mask and had a bulge in his waistband precipitated the incident, the DA's Office said.
Harris got up to leave the train and warned the victim he would "remember him next time," but then as the door closed and the train started to move he pulled a handgun from his waistband, rack the slide and pointed it at the conductor, the DA's Office said.
Police were called and found Harris nearby, the DA's Office said. They found a loaded magazine in Harris' backpack and a "ghost" handgun was found in a nearby plantar box.
Harris, 31, was charged with carrying a concealed firearm and brandishing a firearm, the DA's Office said. He is being held on $20,000 bail.
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.