Description
SAN RAFAEL, CA — A retired San Francisco police officer has been ordered to stand trial in connection with a 2021 San Rafael kidnapping case, The Marin Independent Journal reports.
Dean Taylor, 64, of San Rafael, was arrested in February, 2021 on suspicion of kidnapping and making death threats against a juvenile among other charges in an incident that authorities said originated with a doorbell prank.
A Marin County Superior Court judge on Thursday ordered Taylor to stand trial on five counts including felony charges for kidnapping a victim younger than 14 years of age, making criminal threats and false imprisonment, the IJ reports.
Taylor had been chasing a group of kids that were ringing people's doorbells in the neighborhood and then running away according to police.
He grabbed one boy around the neck, forced him to the ground and then pushed him into a vehicle, police said.
Taylor told the alleged victim he would "put a bullet in his head" if he rang his doorbell again, according to police
Taylor denied making the threat and grabbing the juvenile around the neck, but authorities noted that the victim had "redness around his neck," police said.
Taylor dropped off the juvenile near Point San Pedro Road and Loch Lomond Drive in San Rafael, police said.
The victim then ran home and told his parents what happened, according to police.
Read more in The Marin Independent Journal
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.