Vehicle Seized In Connection With Beverly Hills Takeover

News

Beverly Hills CA

26 February, 2022

5:46 PM

Description

BEVERLY HILLS, CA — Police seized a vehicle that was involved in a "large-scale sideshow" takeover in Beverly Hills last week, authorities said Saturday. Police matched the license plate on Friday evening and believe it to be one of the 100 vehicles that stormed the Canon Drive and Lomitas Avenue intersection last weekend, the Beverly Hills Police Department said in a statement. The driver was arrested by California Highway Patrol officers on suspicion of additional violations committed during the traffic stop. Meanwhile, the vehicle was impounded by police officers and will be stored for up to 30 days in accordance with a California law that discourages reckless driving. Last week, the uproar drew at least 150 spectators out on foot to watch the illegal driving show. "Numerous vehicles engaged in reckless driving maneuvers at the intersection while spectators lit large-scale fireworks," the department said. Officers convoyed into the center of the show, prompting all vehicles and spectators to flee from the area. Police stopped several vehicles, leading to the arrests of multiple people. Beverly Hills police officers will continue to investigate the case and seek criminal charges for last weekend's activities.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area