Minnesota State Fair Addresses 'Rumors' And 'False Information'

News

Mendota Heights MN

30 April, 2020

10:42 AM

Description

TWIN CITIES, MN — The organizers of the Minnesota State Fair say they have been made aware of social media posts circulating that include "rumors & false information." The Minnesota State Fair has not been canceled, fair officials confirmed Thursday on Twitter. The future of the 2020 Minnesota State Fair remains uncertain Last week, the general manager of the Minnesota State Fair said they are "considering options" that will allow the fair to go on as the state faces the new coronavirus crisis. However, "alternate fair dates, a change in duration of the fair, or significant restrictions are not being considered." "As of now, there is no specific date by which a decision to hold the fair must be made," Jerry Hammer said in a statement. "That picture will become more clear in the weeks ahead as we continue to be in contact with our partners that are vital to produce an event the size and scope of the Great Minnesota Get-Together." Don't miss the latest coronavirus updates from health and government officials in Minnesota. Sign up for Patch news alerts and newsletters for what you need to know daily. Hammer noted that the fair relies on agriculturists, commercial and competitive exhibitors, educators, entertainers, attraction operators, suppliers, contractors and many others. All of these industries and more are being heavily impacted by COVID-19. Hammer continued, saying "We continue to remain hopeful that we can celebrate this year in our usual style, but ultimately please know and rest assured the State Fair will do the right thing for Minnesota, our nation and our world." Also read: Safety Guidelines For Farmers Market Shoppers VP Mike Pence Disregards Mayo Clinic Mask Policy

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area