Canton Man Cleared In Gun Incident At Worcester High School

News

Worcester MA

09 February, 2022

3:37 PM

Description

WORCESTER, MA — A Canton man on Wednesday was found not guilty after he was charged in connection to an incident at Worcester's Doherty High School in December. Worcester and Canton police arrested Jerome Weekes, 41, on Dec. 17 and charged with carrying a firearm on a campus. At the time, Worcester police said Weekes had gone to the high school looking for a student who his daughter had gotten into a physical fight with and "had an object in the front pocket of his sweatshirt which appeared to be a handgun," a December police news release said. Weekes was found not guilty on Wednesday in a jury-waived trial at Worcester District Court, according to the Worcester County District Attorney's Office. A Doherty student had told police he saw Weekes carrying a gun. Weekes' attorney had previously said the witness was mistaken, and no gun was ever found.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area