Western Springs Police Video Pulled: Cops

News

Western Springs IL

06 January, 2022

10:13 AM

Description

WESTERN SPRINGS, IL — Western Springs police have ended the investigation into the person who was seen in a video that they released earlier this week. "Regarding the video that we posted, we have interviewed the subject and we determined there was no criminal intent. Therefore, we will be closing the case," Deputy Chief Dan Albrecht said in an email to Patch on Thursday. On Monday, the police department released the video on Facebook of a younger male who appeared to be examining a residential property on the night of New Year's Eve. Later, a woman commented on the video, saying, "Oh goodness. That's my son visiting a friend and got the address wrong. Calling WSPD now." On Tuesday, the police pulled down the video and said the man had been identified. The mother told Patch that the matter had been resolved. Patch then asked Albrecht about the status of the investigation. He said police needed to speak with the person before the investigation could be closed. When the police released the video, they did not indicate the nature of the situation. On Tuesday, Albrecht told Patch that the person went up to the garage door and attempted to turn it. He said the police wanted to find out the reason.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area