Description
FREEHOLD, NJ — The Monmouth County Jail was put under lockdown after a COVID-19 outbreak was detected last week, according to Asbury Park Press.
The New Jersey Department of Health confirmed that 30 people were infected — 21 of them are inmates and nine are correctional staff.
No hospitalizations or deaths were reported associated with the current outbreak, a spokesperson for the New Jersey Department of Health told Patch.
The department was informed of a possible outbreak on Dec. 7 and has been working with the local health department to gather additional information, the spokesperson said.
The Department has shared CDC and Bureau of Prisons guidelines with the facility and an investigation is ongoing.
This was the third outbreak reported at the Monmouth County Jail, according to Asbury Park Press.
The New Jersey Department of Health spokesperson could not confirm whether the Monmouth County Jail was under lockdown.
Patch reached out to the Monmouth County Sheriff's Office to confirm the lockdown but has not had a response in time for publication.
Have a news tip, correction or comment? Email [email protected]
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.