NHTI, Concord's Community College, Moves To 'Hybrid' Learning

News

Concord NH

09 December, 2021

11:02 AM

Description

CONCORD, NH — The New Hampshire Technical Institute, Concord's community college, moved into "hybrid operations" mode on Wednesday. Gretchen Mullin-Sawicki, the president of the school, reported three new confirmed infections on campus. Contact tracing, she said, was ongoing and the school had been disinfected. The state, however, is not reporting the three cases as infections that were contracted in the school setting. There have only been 44 infections since March 2020 connected to the school setting. However, due to the continued increase in case reports and the time it takes to perform contact tracing, NHTI began moving classes online. "No other restrictions are needed at this time," she said in a note to students. "Please continue mitigation strategies by wearing masks indoors in public spaces and practicing social distancing as you are able." Onsite labs that are required to meet in person are being allowed to do so, she said. But all other non-essential activities have been suspended and internal group activities were being limited to more than 10 people. The school is also requesting students to stay away from the campus for the normal protocols like a positive test, "new and unexplained symptoms" connected to the virus, any exposure during the previous two weeks to a suspected or confirmed positive case, or returning from international or cruise trip travel during the previous 14 days. "Please do not come to (the) campus sick," she said. Got a news tip? Send it to [email protected]. View videos on Tony Schinella's YouTube.com channel or Rumble.com channel.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area