Armed Robbery Reported On Basin Street In Concord

News

Concord NH

01 December, 2021

5:22 PM

Description

CONCORD, NH — Concord police officers are searching the southern part of the city for an armed robbery suspect after an incident on Basin Street on Tuesday. Around 4:30 p.m., dispatch took a report of a robbery at a home near Manchester Street. According to the victim, a man knocked on the door of a building and claimed to be an inspector and then, pulled a handgun and robbed the victim. The victim said the man "seemed to know who he was" and robbed him of everything he had. The man fled the area from Manchester Street heading north. Officers immediately began searching the area for the suspect. He was described as a white man, in his 50s, around 6 feet tall wearing a long, wool coat with dark, khaki pants, with black shoes. The suspect was carrying a blue and black reusable shopping bag. No one was injured during the incident. New Hampshire State Police K-9 units are in the area trying to track the suspect. Later, dispatch learned a suspect matching the description may have attempted a similar robbery in Bow earlier in the day. The man was released after a decision was made not to press charges. Dispatch said Bow police mentioned the suspect may be residing in a homeless camp near Exit 12. Photos from Bow police as well as the scene were shared with officers. Officers searched the parking lots of the hotels along Hall Street, areas around Manchester Street, and Water and South Main streets, according to scanner chatter and witnesses. Around 7 p.m., a second robbery was reported on Manchester Street near Pembroke, the Soucook River, and Broken Ridge Road. NEWS 603 posted video of the K-9 unit tracking the Basin Street robbery suspect. Got a news tip? Send it to [email protected]. View videos on Tony Schinella's YouTube.com channel or Rumble.com channel.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area