Description
HOOVER, AL — The city of Hoover was hit hard by the storms last week that caused massive flooding on its roadways and neighborhoods, and the Hoover City Council Tuesday approved $1 million in emergency funds to get the roads repaired, according to an ABC 33/40 report.
City administrator Allan Rice told the City Council more repairs would likely be requested as city workers continued to assess the damage.
Hoover residents have been vocal about the flooding and its highlighting the longtime need to fix an erosion problem in several neighborhoods. Residents spoke up at Tuesday's meeting about the problems.
One resident, Matthew Smith, spent Wednesday cleaning out his home after flood damage, and said the city should have stepped up before last week's storms. "I like Hoover," Smith said. "I love living in Hoover but this is unacceptable and we are better than this as a city and we deserve better than this as residents."
Read more about the Hoover City Council's allocation of emergency funds for road work on abc3340.com.
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.