2 Arrested In Connection With Separate Berkeley Gunfire Incidents

News

Berkeley CA

01 October, 2021

12:54 PM

Description

BERKELEY, CA — Two suspects were arrested in connection with separate gunfire incidents last month, the Berkeley Police Department said. A 21-year-old Oakland woman was arrested Tuesday and charged Thursday with domestic violence and assault with a deadly weapon in connection with a shooting Saturday night in the 2700 block of Acton Street, police said. A woman in her 20s who was struck by a shot suffered a shattered elbow, according to police. A 35-year-old Berkeley man was arrested on suspicion of shooting a handgun in a negligent manner, possession of an assault weapon, and possession of a controlled substance in connection with an early afternoon shooting on Sept. 6 at the 99 Cents Only Stores at 1941 San Pablo Ave., police said. No injuries were reported in this incident, according to police. The Acton Street shooting was reported at around 9:35 p.m., police said. Responding officers determined the shooting occurred amid a domestic dispute and detectives shortly afterward obtained a warrant for the suspect's arrest. The suspect was arrested Tuesday, police said. She admitted to her role in the shooting and that she later enlisted a family member to hide the handgun, according to police. The suspect in the Sept. 6 shooting, which was reported at around 1:25 p.m., fired a handgun in the air several times and then drove off, police said. Detectives identified the suspect and obtained a warrant for his arrest and search of his residence, police said. During the search, detectives found the handgun used in the shooting as well as a quantity of methamphetamine and loaded un-serialized "ghost gun," described as a short barrel AR-style assault pistol.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area