Coroner IDs Aptos Man Killed In Car Crash

News

Watsonville CA

29 September, 2021

11:02 AM

Description

APTOS, CA — The Santa Cruz County Coroner has identified the Aptos man killed in a South County car crash last week. Dean Peppas, 75, was pronounced dead on scene due to the extent of his injuries sustained after he apparently pulled in front of another car on State Route 129 Friday, officials said. Peppas was stopped on Rogge Lane, waiting to turn onto westbound Highway 129, when he pulled his Toyota Prius in front of a Ford Excursion headed eastbound for an unknown reason, the California Highway Patrol said in a statement. Peppas was the only person in his car, but 6- and 7-year-old girls in the Ford suffered minor injuries. They were not transported to the hospital, according to CHP. The driver and another 16-year-old passenger were uninjured. Neither alcohol nor drugs are suspected to have played a role in the crash. Read: South County Crash Kills 75-Year Old Aptos Man

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area