No Bombs Found After Threat At Naperville North, School Canceled

News

Naperville IL

22 September, 2021

11:02 AM

Description

NAPERVILLE, IL — School was canceled at Naperville North High School Wednesday due to a bomb threat against the building, Naperville School District 203 announced. Police found no explosives after a sweep of the building and surrounding area using bomb squads and bomb dogs. The school originally asked all students to remain at home until an all-clear message went out, but later announced classes and all activities would be canceled. No e-learning was planned for the day. The threat came via email Wednesday morning, according to district spokesperson Alex Mayster. "All students and staff members are now safe, and their security continues to be the district's top priority," Mayster wrote in a statement. The few students and staff who had already entered the building as of 8:30 a.m. Wednesday were evacuated and moved to a safe location, Naperville police said. "We continue to investigate the source of the threat," a police spokesperson said in a statement. "Anyone with info, please call 630-420-6666 and ask for Investigations." Students who were evacuated from the building were left at Naperville Central High School to wait for parents. Officials from the high school said they will not have any further comments as the investigation is ongoing.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area