West Cabarrus High School Placed On Lockdown After Gun Report

News

Charlotte NC

15 September, 2021

10:20 AM

Description

CONCORD, NC – A Concord High School was placed on lockdown Wednesday morning after police received word that a student may have brought a gun to school, police said. School officials placed West Cabarrus High School on lockdown shortly after 9 a.m. due to a concern raised by district officials, police announced in a social media post. By Wednesday afternoon, Concord Police said that the lockdown was lifted after the lunch period after officers were not able to substantiate the report of the gun that had been reported. Police reported Wednesday morning that all students were safe while they conducted their investigation. Police said initially that the school was placed on lockdown out of an abundance of caution. Officers were scheduled to remain at the school for the remainder of the day as they continued to gather information about the incident, police said

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area