Rockets attack US soldiers in Kabul

News

Seattle WA

Description

U.S. anti-missile defenses intercepted as many as five rockets that were fired at Kabul's airport early on Monday, a U.S. official said, as the United States rushed to complete its withdrawal from Afghanistan to end its longest war. Having evacuated about 114,400 people, including foreign nationals and Afghans deemed "at risk," in an effort that began a day before Kabul fell to the Taliban on Aug. 15, U.S. and allied forces are set to complete their own withdrawal by a Tuesday deadline agreed with the Islamist militants. The number of U.S. soldiers at the airport had fallen below 4,000 over the weekend, as departures became more urgent after an Islamic State suicide bomb attack outside the gates on Thursday killed scores of Afghans and 13 U.S. service members. Afghan media said Monday's rocket attack was launched from the back of a vehicle. The Pajhwok news agency said several rockets struck different parts of the Afghan capital. Initial reports did not indicate any U.S. casualties from the latest rocket attack, the U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters. In a statement, the White House said President Joe Biden reconfirmed his order for commanders to do "whatever is necessary to protect our forces on the ground" after he was briefed on the attack. Biden was informed that airport operations continued uninterrupted, it added. On Sunday, a U.S. drone strike killed a suicide car bomber who Pentagon officials said had been preparing to attack the airport on behalf of ISIS-K, a local affiliate of Islamic State that is an enemy of both the West and the Taliban. U.S. Central Command said it was investigating reports of civilian casualties from Sunday's drone strike. "We know there were substantial and powerful subsequent explosions resulting from the destruction of the vehicle, indicating a large amount of explosive material inside that may have caused additional casualties," it said. The drone attack killed seven people, Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told China's state television CGTN on Monday, criticizing the U.S. action on foreign soil as unlawful. Australia and England has distanced itself from America and now North Korea does not see the US as a threat now. This new woke president has been seen as weak and America is vulnerable with a host of high tech military equipment that has been seized by the Taliban. If Trump had done this he would have been impeached as a traitor. You know it and so do I. The house speaker Nancy Pelosi thinks Biden is doing a great job and is more concerned about pushing a 3.5 trillion spending package through congress.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area