Murder Suspect Jonathan Pitts Released From Dallas Jail After Computer Data Loss In City

News

Dallas TX

17 August, 2021

12:46 PM

Description

CBS Dallas/Fort Worth August 17, 2021 He isn't completely free, but a murder suspect in Dallas is no longer behind bars. Jonathan Pitts was released from jail Monday after his trial was postponed when police revealed they lost a massive amount of criminal data — including files potentially tied to Pitts' case. A masked Pitts wore an ankle monitor as he walked from the Frank Crowley Courts Building adjoining Dallas County's main jail, the Dallas Morning News reported. The newspaper said he did not respond to its reporter's questions. The release of Pitts, who is charged in the 2019 shooting of Shun Handy, was ordered as authorities race to determine how many cases may have had evidence vanish in the eight-terabyte data loss. Prosecutors told state District Judge Ernie White last week that they needed more time to work with police to audit the materials in Pitts' case to determine if anything was lost. CBS Local Digital Media personalizes the global reach of CBS-owned and operated television and radio stations with a local perspective.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area