Description
CHARLOTTE, NC — Two suspects wanted in an armed robbery shooting that left a Duke Energy line technician fighting for their life earlier this summer have been arrested in South Carolina, Charlotte police said Monday.
Sammy Garcia, 23, and Javier Lee Martinez-Hernandez, 20, were both arrested in York County, South Carolina and are awaiting extradition to North Carolina. Both were charged with attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon with the intent to kill inflicting serious injury, armed robbery and conspiracy to commit armed robbery, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said.
SEE ALSO: $50K Reward: CMPD Probes Shooting Of Duke Energy Worker
The Duke Energy worker was shot around 9:30 p.m. on June 18 in the 4100 block of The Plaza. Responding CMPD officers found the technician with a gunshot wound and life-threatening injuries. The victim was transported to Atrium Health hospital for treatment, police said.
"The victim was approached by two unknown suspects at gunpoint while performing routine work," Crime Stoppers said.
Several days after the shooting, a $50,000 reward was offered through a private donation for information that led to the arrest of the suspects behind the shooting.
Tips from the community were pivotal in leading investigators to the suspects, CMPD said.
CMPD said the investigation into this case remains active and ongoing, and that anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
SEE ALSO:
COVID Outbreak Temporarily Shuts Down Mecklenburg CourthouseCOVID Is Elevated In Mecklenburg, 97 Other NC Counties, CDC SaysCity Of Charlotte's QC Fest Set For Aug. 14: Live Music, Games
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.