Gladney Released From MN Vikings Following Assault Indictment

News

Eagan MN

03 August, 2021

5:18 PM

Description

MINNESOTA — The Minnesota Vikings announced Tuesday that they released Jeff Gladney following an indictment on an assault charge. "Following our review of today's indictment against Jeff Gladney, we have decided to release Jeff immediately," The Minnesota Vikings said in a news release. "As we have previously said, we take these matters very seriously and condemn all forms of domestic violence. Due to the ongoing legal nature of this matter, we are unable to provide further comment." The cornerback had been accused of hitting, choking and dragging his then-girlfriend in Dallas in April, according to a report form USA Today. A grand jury heard his case July 29 and he was indicted Tuesday, the publication reported. The indictment states that Gladney intentionally caused harm to the woman, and he is charged with domestic assault involving choking, according to the report. The woman also filed a civil lawsuit against him, saying he tried to bribe and harass her in order to get her to not cooperate as a witness, the report said. You can read more at USA Today.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area