Man Charged In Deadly Shooting On Tucson's South Side

News

Tucson AZ

19 July, 2021

11:54 AM

Description

TUCSON, AZ — A 20-year-old man was charged with first-degree murder and other felony charges in connection with a deadly shooting on Tucson's south side Saturday morning, Tucson police said. Jose Manuel Lopez, 22, was killed in the shooting, which occurred just after 4 a.m. near the intersection of south 12th Avenue and west Columbia Street, according to police. Detectives learned that the shooting occurred after a woman called police to report that she had been robbed by three men, shortly before the shooting occurred, according to police. Shortly after, police found three men with gunshot wounds inside a vehicle in the 6000 block of South Belvedere Avenue, including Lopez, who was in the front passenger seat, police said. The third male passenger, who police did not identify, was injured in the shooting and will be charged once he's released, police said. Jose Alexis Aguirre-Tirado, 20, was charged with first-degree murder, armed robbery, aggravated robbery, kidnapping and aggravated assault, in connection with the shooting, police said.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area