Description
CONCORD, NH — Concord police believe they have a suspect accused of shooting a young boy on Tremont Street with a water pellet last month.
On June 23, Concord police and fire and rescue teams were sent to the North End for a report of a boy being shot with a BB or pellet by someone inside of a dark blue SUV that later sped away from the area. EMTs medically cleared the boy, who was 4. He had a noticeable welt on his head after being shot, according to scanner chatter.
The boy was able to give a description to police and described the shooter and the driver of the vehicle as young men or older teenagers. Police searched the area and were unable to find the vehicle.
Deputy Chief John Thomas of the Concord Police Department said on Thursday the department had identified a suspect but were unable to say much about the case since he was a juvenile. He said the boy was hit with a water pellet, a newer toy, and not a BB. Thomas said the suspect was developed several days after the incident.
The juvenile will be called to Concord District Court to face the charge at a future date.
Got a news tip? Send it to [email protected]. View videos on Tony Schinella's YouTube.com channel or Rumble.com channel.
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.