Robert Durst Murder Trial Resumes Despite Hospitalization

News

Los Angeles CA

14 June, 2021

1:42 PM

Description

INGLEWOOD, CA — Trial resumed Monday for Robert Durst following his hospitalization last week, and his defense team unsuccessfully argued for an adjournment of the case. A doctor appointed by the defense team said Durst, who was hospitalized Thursday, was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection and sepsis as a complication of his bladder cancer and malnutrition, according to defense lawyer Dick DeGuerin. The New York real estate scion, who is charged with murder for a longtime friend's killing in Benedict Canyon just before Christmas Eve 2020, appeared in court wearing jail clothes and a catheter bag. The judge said he was told Durst was unable to stand to get dressed and suggested accommodations to make him more presentable to the jury. Deputy District Attorney John Lewin argued that Durst's appearance only helped his defense. "Mr. Durst looks like a very sympathetic character right now," Lewin said. "He's sitting in a wheelchair, he looks very old and feeble, he's got a catheter hanging out. This doesn't look like someone who's murdered three people." City News Service

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area