Description
BOSTON — Gov. Charlie Baker announced he signed orders to rescind most of the state's COVID-19 restrictions on Saturday, as well as ending the state of emergency on June 15.
"Today is obviously a big day in our 15-month fight against COVID-19," Baker said at a State House press conference early Friday afternoon.
The indoor mask mandate had been changed to one that ensures face coverings are still worn in places like hospitals, nursing homes and public transportation.
"Thanks to the people in Massachusetts who've made enormous sacrifices over the course of the past year to get us to this point, brighter days are very much upon us," Baker said.
The governor also reiterated schools must be open on a full-time, in-person basis in the fall.
Lt. Gov. Karyn Polito said the state will be launching a campaign to encourage vaccinated people to get back to normal and visit their favorite businesses and restaurants.
You can watch the press conference below.
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.