Description
BEVERLY HILLS, CA —A Los Angeles man accused of stabbing another man during a fight in Beverly Hills was released from jail Tuesday after the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office cited insufficient evidence to file a case.
A prosecutor noted that a nearby hotel does not have cameras in the courtyard area where a security guard said he saw two men fighting. Prosecutors said the case comes down to "he said/she said" without any corroborating evidence, according to City News Service.
Last Thursday at around 1:45 a.m., police found an unresponsive man bleeding from several wounds at 200 N. Beverly Drive, near Beverly Cañon Gardens. At around the same time, Los Angeles emergency personnel responded to a call about a mile and a half away, where the defendant, Lawrence Lawson, said he had been injured in Beverly Hills, according to a statement from the Beverly Hills Police Department.
Upon further investigation, Beverly Hills police placed Lawson under arrest on suspicion of attempted murder, and set his bail at $1,000,000.
The area around Beverly Cañon Gardens was closed for much of the day as police investigated.
The victim of the stabbing was transported to a hospital, and police said Thursday he was in stable condition.
See also:
Man Found Bleeding, Unconscious Near Beverly Cañon Gardens | Beverly Hills, CA Patch
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.