Point Beach Council Intros Ordinance For Beachfront

News

Point Pleasant NJ

20 May, 2021

5:20 PM

Description

POINT PLEASANT BEACH – The Point Pleasant Beach borough council introduced an ordinance that made amendments to the municipality's rules and regulations regarding the beachfront during Tuesday's meeting. According to Mayor Paul Kanitra, this ordinance results from the town and Jenkinson's coming together after a federal judge tossed out a lawsuit filed by Jenkinson's last month. "At the time of the legal victory, I asked for Jenkinson's to stand down on legal action and work with the borough for the betterment of the town, the residents, and our summer guests," Kanitra said. "Last week, Jenkinson's reached out to me to express that they were not looking to file any further lawsuits and want to do just that." Kanitra went on to say that Jenkinson's was fine with what the borough was asking for, including cooler size restrictions, making the minimum age 18 for checking coolers for contraband, keeping alcohol consumption to ABC-sanctioned areas, and noise restrictions. In return, according to the mayor, Jenkinson's wanted certain language to be cleared up, including beach opening times and tent size for the volleyball league. In addition, a joint statement from both the borough and Jenkinson's about the ordinance and the beachfront will be released next week. "Jenkinson's deserves a ton of praise for this huge development," Kanitra said. "They proved their commitment to ensuring Point Pleasant Beach stays New Jersey's premier family-friendly destination for generations to come."

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area