Description
BALTIMORE COUNTY, MD – Baltimore County Executive Johnny Olszewski, Jr., announced Thursday he is seeking re-election.
In a thread posted to Twitter, Olszewski said he's proud of how Baltimore County has invested record funding in schools, made the government more open and transparent and supporting diversity and inclusion.
"At the same time we're also leading a response to the COVID-19 pandemic that had been hailed as both a statewide and national model," the 38-year-old first term executive said in the video announcement. "We have proven that together big things are possible, and it's not just what we've done, it's how we've done it."
Among the issues Olszewski said he plans to focus on are school investments, sustainability and equity.
"I look forward to the work ahead, working with you in Baltimore County to continue the efforts," he said.
Olszewski had contemplated whether to run for governor in 2022
When I ran for County Executive, we set a bold vision for a #BetterBaltimoreCounty. In just a few years, we've proven together that transformative change is possible. But there is still more to be done. That's why I'm excited to announce I will be seeking re-election in 2022: pic.twitter.com/ymoxb9RIbx— Johnny Olszewski, Jr. (@JohnnyOJr) May 6, 2021
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.