New Haven Man, 70, Identified As Pedestrian Struck, Killed: PD

News

New Haven CT

03 May, 2021

1:46 PM

Description

NEW HAVEN, CT —Just before sunrise last Friday, Lionel Boyd of New Haven was crossing Whalley Avenue between Ramsdell and Anthony streets when he was struck by a Ford Taurus driven by Francis Minore, police said. Boyd, 70, was transported to Yale New Haven Hospital where he later died from the injuries he sustained, police said. New Haven police spokesperson officer Scott Shumway identified Boyd as the pedestrian that was hit by the Ford Taurus driven by Minore. Police said last week that 911 callers reported that a pedestrian was hit. Minore was traveling eastbound on Whalley when the car struck Boyd. Minore remained on the scene, according to police. No charges have been filed, Shumway said, as the investigation is on-going. Police ask that any witnesses who have not yet spoken to Police contact the New Haven Police Department at 203-946-6316. For four hours, that section of Whalley Avenue was closed and the police department's Accident Reconstruction Team was still on the scene after 1 p.m. Friday "conducting a full investigation," police said. The intersection is the exact site of the April 16 fatal crash that claimed the life of 42-year-old Daniel Velazquez, who was struck by 52-year-old Elliot Moore, now charged with driving under the influence.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area