Description
NAPERVILLE, IL – Naperville Park District officials announced that a year after Centennial Beach was closed to the coronavirus pandemic, the site will be opened by Memorial Day as long as health guidelines remain moving in the right direction.
A park district spokesperson said in an email Monday that further details would be released soon. The opening of Centennial Beach later this month remains dependent on Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines. Updates with more details of the opening will be posted on the Centennial Beach website and on social media, park district officials said.
Last year marked the first time that Centennial Beach was closed for an entire season. Park officials announced the closure last June after DuPage County health officials would not issue a permit for the park to operate during Phase 3 of Gov. J.B. Pritzker's Restore Illinois Plan. Although pools were part of the sites available to open during Phase 3, the fact the park is considered a beach kept it from opening, officials said last year.
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.