Lockdown Lifted At Bel Air Schools After Arrest

News

Bel Air MD

19 April, 2021

10:27 AM

Description

Bel Air, MD—The John Carroll School and Southampton Middle School spent a portion of Monday morning on modified lockdown as police responded to reports of an armed man in the area, The Baltimore Sun reported. At approximately 9:30 a.m., Kyle Anderson, a spokesman for the Harford County Sheriff's Office, announced a suspect had been apprehended and there had been no threat to the community. Anderson said no injuries were reported. According to reports, police initially responded to a call of shots fired in the 1100 block of Vanguard Way at 8:01 a.m., an area close to both schools. On April 19, 2021, at 8:01 a.m., deputies assigned to the Southern Precinct of the Harford County Sheriff's Office responded to the 1100 block of Vanguard Way in Bel Air for the reports of shots fired. (1/3)— Harford Sheriff (@Harford_Sheriff) April 19, 2021 As a result, the high school and middle school went on modified lockdown, which meant no employees or students were allowed to exit the building and all classes were held indoors. Jillian Lader, a spokesperson for Harford County Public Schools, said Southampton Middle School, 1200 Moores Mill Rd., went into lockdown around 8:30 a.m. The school eventually was given the "all clear," and the lockdown officially was lifted at 10 a.m. The John Carroll School, 703 E. Churchville Rd., had lifted its lockdown by 9:30 a.m., according to reports. Police did not identify the man in custody. UPDATE: Bel Air Man Facing 3 Charges After School Lockdowns, Officials Say

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area