Missing Nashua Man's Body Found In Massachusetts

News

Nashua NH

30 March, 2021

2:36 PM

Description

TYNGSBOROUGH, MA — A body found in the Merrimack River in Tyngsborough, Massachusetts, nine days ago has been positively identified as a man missing from Nashua. Greg Surbey, 37, had been not seen or heard from since Feb. 5, which family and friends said was unusual and out of character. Nashua police reported him missing on March 10 after receiving communication from people who knew him. Tyngsborough Police and Fire departments recovered Subrey's body from the river around 4:30 p.m. on March 21 after first responders received reports of a body floating by the Larson Avenue boat ramp. The body was first reported by boaters in the area, according to officials. A rescue boat was launched, and firefighters and police personnel on the boat recovered the body. The Massachusetts State Police, assigned to the Middlesex County District Attorney's office, along with the Tyngsborough police, investigated the incident. The state's Office of the Medical Examiner determined a cause of the death and positively identified the body. On Tuesday, Lt. Patrick Hannon of the Nashua Criminal Investigation Division informed news outlets that the body recovered in Tyngsborough was Surbey. "The investigation is ongoing," he said, "although foul play is not suspected." Surbey had previously run for Nashua board of education in 2019 in Ward 6. He worked in IT and high tech in both New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Surbey also ran for state representative in 2010. The family, Hannon added, appreciates privacy at this time. Got a news tip? Send it to [email protected]. View videos on Tony Schinella's YouTube.com channel or Rumble.com channel.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area