Condemned San Quentin Inmate Dead At 64

News

San Rafael CA

18 March, 2021

1:08 PM

Description

SAN QUENTIN, CA — A condemned San Quentin State Prison inmate died Tuesday at a local hospital, the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation said in a news release. Johnny Mungia, 64, had been on California's death row since 1997, authorities said. He died at 9:21 a.m., authorities said. An official cause of death is pending the results of an autopsy by the Marin County Coroner but foul play is not suspected, authorities said. Mungia was found guilty of the first-degree murder of 73-year-old Alma Franklin by a Riverside County jury and sentenced to death on April 7, 1997, authorities said. He was admitted onto death row on April 14, 1997.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area