Description
CHICAGO — The International Housewares Association has canceled its 2021 Inspired Home Show due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to a news release.
Last year's show, which would have been held March 14 to 17, was McCormick Place's first cancellation because of the virus. This year's exhibition had been scheduled for August 7 to 10, but organizers said Monday it could not proceed as planned.
"Over the last year, we have been closely watching the status of large events from a health and public safety perspective, and have consistently sought feedback from our industry about how travel restrictions and mass gathering bans have impacted their normal operations," said IHA President Derek Miller. "With the health and safety of our exhibitors and attendees top of mind, we realized that it is infeasible for The Inspired Home Show to proceed in August of 2021."
Organizers said deposits from the 2020 show had been rolled over to the planned 2021 event. They will now be applied to the 2022 exhibition, scheduled for March 5 to 8, 2022, at McCormick Place.
The Housewares Association will also offer several digital events to help buyers and product suppliers connect, according to a news release. Find additional information about online events here.
The show typically draws more than 60,000 visitors to downtown Chicago.
The Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo, commonly called C2E2, has also been rescheduled. Typically held in February or March, 2020's expo took place just weeks before a statewide stay-at-home order upended life in Illinois, leading to the cancellation of all public events for months. A month later, McCormick Place was turned into a field hospital.
This year, C2E2 was rescheduled for Dec. 10 to 12.
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.