Description
BOSTON — Boston Calling, the music festival that has emerged as one of the most anticipated events kicking off the summer, has been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic for the second straight year.
Festival organizers said they agreed with city and state authorities that it was still too dangerous to host the weekend concert series.
"The health and safety of our entire community is always our top priority, and there was no appropriate scenario under which we could provide the Boston Calling experience you love and deserve," organizers said. "While we are sad to go another year without the festival, we have set our sights on 2022 – mark your calendar for Memorial Day weekend."
Tickets for 2021 will be honored in 2022. Anyone who would like a refund can go here.
Boston Calling started in 2013 and has since drawn tens of thousands of attendees annually. The last few festivals were held at the Harvard Athletic Complex in Allston.
Last year's cancellation was made in late March. Foo Fighters, Rage Against the Machine and the Red Hot Chili Peppers were supposed to headline the 11th iteration of the festival.
As of the March 31, 2020, cancellation, there were 5,752 confirmed coronavirus cases and 56 deaths related to it in Massachusetts.
Forty-six deaths were reported Sunday alone.
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.