County Executive Exposed To Coronavirus, Entered Quarantine

News

Annapolis MD

10 February, 2021

3:05 PM

Description

ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY, MD — Anne Arundel County Executive Steuart Pittman announced Tuesday that he is in quarantine. He said he was exposed to somebody with coronavirus at a "site visit" last week. Pittman got tested Monday, and he came back negative. His quarantine will end Wednesday evening or Thursday morning, assuming he feels well. Pittman, who isn't yet vaccinated, did not report any symptoms. "I should, in the interest of transparency, tell you that I am at home on quarantine," the county executive said during a virtual press conference. "It just is a reminder to me and everybody that we still have to do the hard work." Pittman also thanked the Anne Arundel County Department of Health for its continued contact tracing. To see when you'll be eligible for the coronavirus inoculation, read Patch's explainer. Check out our how-to guide to learn how to sign up for the shot. Catch up on the latest coronavirus infection and vaccination metrics in Anne Arundel County by heading to our latest numbers update. Like what you're reading? Invite a friend to subscribe to free Annapolis newsletters and real-time email alerts. RELATED: Infections Are Down, But Super Bowl Spike Could Hit Anne ArundelCoronavirus Vaccine: When You'll Be Eligible In Anne ArundelHow To Get Coronavirus Vaccine In Anne Arundel CountyMultiple Vaccine Clinics Canceled; Anne Arundel Points To DelaysAnne Arundel Gets $11M To Bolster Vaccination Efforts Have a story idea? Please contact me at [email protected] with any pitches, tips or questions. Follow me on Twitter @JacobBaumgart and on Facebook @JacobBaumgartJournalist to stay up-to-date with the latest Anne Arundel County and Prince George's County news.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area