Salem Shooting Suspect Arrested In Malden

News

Malden MA

09 February, 2021

9:52 AM

Description

MALDEN, MA — A suspect in a double shooting in Salem last month was arrested in Malden Friday night. Deven Kelley, 23, was charged with home invasion, two counts of armed assault with intent to murder, two counts of assault and battery with serious bodily injury, discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling and carrying a loaded firearm without a license. Police have also identified Wesly Jordan Alcin as a suspect in the Jan. 24 shooting. He remains at large with warrants out for the same charges. The two victims, a 30-year-old Salem woman and a 33-year-old Lynn man, suffered multiple gunshot wounds. Police said both were in stable condition as of Monday. "The investigation to date has determined that the shootings were not a random act and it appears that the victims may know their attacker," Salem police spokesman Capt. Fred Ryan said last week. Kelley was arraigned in Salem District Court Monday. Anyone with information on this case is urged to call the Salem Police Criminal Investigations Division at 978-745-9700 or the anonymous tip line at 978-619-5627. Patch editor Colleen Martin contributed to this report.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area