Man Charged With Assault In Royal Oak Township Hammer Attack: MSP

News

Royal Oak MI

02 February, 2021

2:44 PM

Description

ROYAL OAK, MI — A Detroit man has been charged with felonious assault after police said he attacked two people in Royal Oak Township with a hammer Sunday. Reginald Anderson, 51, was arraigned Tuesday on two counts of felonious assault, one count of aggravated domestic violence and one count of aggravated assault, Michigan State Police officials said. Anderson's bail was set at $15,000 and he was lodged in the Oakland County Jail, police said. According to the Michigan State Police, troopers around 5:15 p.m. Sunday were called to the 21000 block of Bethlawn Blvd. in Royal Oak Township after receiving a report that a woman had been hit in the head with a hammer. When police arrived at the scene they found that there actually were two victims and that a man had also been struck in the head with a hammer, state police said. Both victims were taken to a local hospital for treatment, police said. The suspect, who police said was quickly identified as Anderson, was not at the location. State police said Anderson had been smoking crack when he became paranoid and struck both victims in the head with a hammer after believing he was being cheated on. He then ran from the scene before later being arrested, police said.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area