Worcester Sees First 2021 Homicide After Delayed Death

News

Worcester MA

01 February, 2021

12:37 PM

Description

WORCESTER, MA — A man shot in Worcester over the summer has died, and a man facing assault charges in connection to the killing has now been charged with murder, authorities said Monday. The shooting took place around 5 p.m. on July 9 along Mount Pleasant Street in the Main South neighborhood. At the time, police reported finding the victim conscious. But Worcester County District Attorney Joseph Early Jr. said the man died of his injuries at the end of last week. Police had already arrested Eames Street resident Jose Merced, 32, over the summer, and he was later charged with armed assault with intent to murder. Merced, who was out on bail, was rearrested on Saturday, according to Early. Merced was arraigned on Monday, and was ordered held without bail. Since the victim died in 2021, the death counts as Worcester's first homicide of 2021.

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area