Marin Man Charged In Son's Death Granted Diversion: Report

News

San Rafael CA

10 November, 2021

1:10 PM

Description

MARIN COUNTY, CA — A Marin man who was charged in connection with his 11-year-old son's death in a 2019 boating accident has been granted a misdemeanor diversion program, The Marin Independent Journal reports. Javier Burillo, 60 of Belvedere, previously faced felony manslaughter charges for the killing of Grant Burillo, the report said. Marin County Superior Court Judge Geoffrey Howard's ruling offers Javier Burillo a chance have his misdemeanor conviction expunged should he meet specific conditions for his rehabilitation, the report said. Javier Burillo's other son, who is 27, suffered leg injuries in the Sept. 15, 2019 boating accident, the report said. Both of his sons fell from the boat in choppy water and were struck by propellor blades, according to the report. Read more in The Marin Independent Journal

By:  view source

Discussion

By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.

/
Search this area