These 48 Newark Restaurants Scored Revitalization Money
News
Newark CA
19 July, 2021
12:05 PM
Description
NEWARK, CA — 48 Newark restaurants are among thousands in California that received money from the Small Business Administration's Restaurant Revitalization Fund, which was passed by Congress last year as part of a sweeping coronavirus relief package. The awards ranged from $7,700 to almost $2.7 million, with three restaurants receiving more than $1 million each. Here is a list showing where grants went in Newark: HY RESTAURANT INC.: $2,722,824.00SUMS Ventures: $1,818,156.00MUL SO RI: $1,495,939.00Lavender Hot Pot Enterprises LLC: $956,427.00Ray's Sushi Inc.: $896,715.00Gong cha USA LLC: $736,991.00INTEGRATED CUISINE CORPORATION: $699,895.00Diamond Bright Inc: $432,724.0019F18C TRAVEL INFORMATION SERVICES LLC: $410,895.51CGZ Restaurant Inc: $384,809.00CH&NA LLC: $359,634.00Ralphs Kitchen: $329,992.47Pho Express Investments LLC: $292,698.00YAN MEI PAN: $288,746.00Ramen Factory INC: $257,425.00Golden Elephant USA: $232,266.00allstar burger inc: $188,749.00HARUMI SUSHI & TOFU INC: $184,106.00hai thu corporation: $177,955.52Deliceous Cream LLC: $176,367.58Sau Fong Tam: $173,984.00JAK INC: $170,807.66Ananda Nilayam LLC: $168,794.49Shino Enterprise Inc: $167,086.72La Cabana Restaurant LLC: $159,915.00NamDo Inc.: $147,048.00Jimin and William Corporation: $142,096.69Samraat Curry Hut And Sweets: $139,519.00Peach Garden LLC: $134,366.00Bee & Yos Corporation: $113,519.00DOSA AND CURRY CAFE CORP: $97,846.39Chefwu Corporation: $91,997.00Hype Flavor LLC: $81,463.79JNEE Company: $80,049.00Himalayan Chef Events & Catering LLC: $71,420.00Onice Newark: $70,527.00Mehran Catering Inc.: $64,141.00Bayside Poke LLC: $63,047.00BEAR BITEZ LLC: $61,722.44Sydney Meng: $59,316.84AMS Bonchon Corporation: $47,627.00CharkMing Chin: $39,912.37JV TEA INC: $33,353.45Mamunji Inc: $27,567.00SHE Pizza Inc: $26,584.00LaDrae Hayes: $22,150.00Erica Du: $8,142.00Ashwins Kitchen LLC: $7,726.64 Restaurants here in Newark and across the country are facing an uncertain future after the SBA said last month it was shutting down the Restaurant Revitalization Fund passed by Congress as part of the coronavirus relief package. In an email to applicants last month, the SBA said the program will stop taking applications on July 14. Nationally, the program has handed out grants to 105,000 restaurants, but another 265,000 applicants are still waiting. A bill to replenish the fund has been introduced in Congress, but it has not moved forward. Despite the restaurant industry lobbying for Congress to replenish the fund, lawmakers have been more focused on reaching a compromise on the Biden administration's infrastructure improvement bill. A petition asking Congress to backfill the Restaurant Revitalization Fund can be found online.
Discussion
By posting you agree to the Terms and Privacy Policy.